I’m partial to yorkies. Why? Because I own one.
I never dreamed we’d ever own yorkies. Thanks to a dear, dear friend of mine who introduced me to his precious little Fergie, I am now smitten with them. If you own a yorkie, you know exactly what I’m talking about.
After spending time with Fergie, I made the announcement to my family – who all stood with their mouths agape – that we had an appointment with a responsible & ethical breeder to choose a yorkie puppy. She was our Christmas gift.
Bella passed away in January at a young 6-months-old. We’d only owned the sweet little thing for five weeks. I’m sure you can imagine how heartbreaking it was for us.
She passed peacefully in my arms – a true gift. We gave sweet little Bella the best five weeks of her life. The necropsy results indicated pneumonia as the cause of death.
Mia graced our lives the very next day after Bella passed. Thank goodness I have a wonderful breeder who lives nearby. Thank you, Amy, for being so supportive and understanding.
The Yorkshire Terrier Tote
Kiki, genius that she is, has created a tote that will make yorkie owners scream with excitement.When Kiki told me that she was creating a new tote inspired by yorkies, I couldn’t wait to see it. Kiki explains:
So the story goes that one of my first customers bought one of my handbags before she actually bought her dog. The dog in question was a Yorkie. Yes, that breed.. it does something to us poor humans! Although I am still not owned by a Yorkie, I already have the tote set aside!
I chose colors that blend in with the breed’s wonderful medley of shades. Blues, caramels, beiges, tans… so you would think of your Yorkie even at those times when you are using the tote to carry your laptop. It really helps too, that those wonderful hues by God also match easily one’s wardrobe! I just had to sit down and create something of regal inspiration to honor the delightful and spirited Yorkshire Terrier.
Kiki describes the design for us:
I wanted it to be elegant so it could double as a handbag even when furry does not get to go out!
For the design I wanted it to be irreverent and audacious, portraying the spirit of the terrier. But what is a Yorkie without a bow?
The bag’s functionality is multifaceted:
- This tote bag is made from 4 layers, making it sturdy enough to carry either your baby dog or your personal items.
- It is lined in super soft fuzzy fabric that can be pulled out for spot cleaning.
- A safety chain is included so you can clip your dog in for safety.
- The tote can be carried either over your shoulder or on your arms.
- Gorgeous brocades are arranged in collage composition. Attention to all the details. Lace, velvet ribbons and
- Victorian inspired buttons signal the very British inspiration of my design.
- I had the best time conceiving this tote bag. I hope you love it as much as I did creating it!